Why does the BnB’s taylor hayes jones have to be the dumbest woman alive — every single episode? No reprieve from her stupidity for fans, writers? Ever? How many more times can she be ignorant of how desperate and trashy Steffy is? At some point, when you’re proven wrong often enough, you just have to stop claiming you know ‘the truth’. The writers have taylor brag about her ‘skills’ as a psychiatrist, but she misses every big event to happen:
- Phoebe’s impending disgust with her relationship with Rick
- Tommy the car bomber, pump your son up with the false idea that you’ve been a victim and something bad had to happen.
- Steffy the psycho – which Brooke warned her about
- Steffy’s involvement in setting up Hope’s humiliation during her first big press conference
- Amber’s lie about the ABCD baby – which Brooke warned her about
- Ridge and Morgan and their unfinished business – which Brooke warned her about
- Stephanie’s psychotic tendencies – which she knew about and used to her own advantage
- that Ridge didn’t love her fully
- that Nick didn’t love her fully
- that Stephanie wouldn’t let go of Eric while she was sneaking around with him, etc, etc, etc). taylor smiled in Steph’s face, and then had to send Eric to break Stephanie’s heart.
No matter how many times she’s been proven wrong, taylor continues to deny the seriousness of daughter Steffy’s psychological problems. What fully functioning rational adult woman makes it her mission in life to compete with her barely legal stepsister? This is the same girl Steffy loved, until a few months ago. I’m sure some enterprising youtube surfer could find the video of Steffy, Phoebe, and Thomas crying and hugging their younger siblings as they had to say good bye to them (you know, during one of those times when Ridge was duped into marrying taylor and Ridge left his family with Brooke to be with the trudge family, despite Steffy’s false claims of having been abandoned by her father).
taylor is coming across as a VERY weak woman who is vicariously seeking vengeance via her emotionally disturbed daughter. She seems to find great delight in continuing to argue with Brooke as she calls herself ‘defending’ her daughter. She sits back, smirking and waiting to yell at Brooke for being ‘unfair’ to Steffy, all the while Steffy’s descent into madness makes not one bit of difference to taylor — only getting revenge on Brooke does. Anything that makes Brooke’s life miserable, even if it includes hurting a young woman like Hope and sacrificing Steffy to do it, appears to be her chief motivator.
I watch so little of the Bold and the Beautiful these days, and I’m never disappointed when I do… because I never expect more than the writers give me. Brooke seeks peace, taylor continues to cheer Steffy on in her insanity. I have wondered, is taylor hoping to rewrite history?
The Hope/Oliver/Steffy triangle seems to be a clear replay of the Brooke/Ridge/taylor triangle. Brooke and Ridge were young, in love, and Ridge was Brooke’s first sexual experience. No matter how clear it was that they wanted to be together, Stephanie and taylor plotted to keep them apart – once Stephanie realized that she had more to gain by siding with taylor than by hating her. Both women were sure that Ridge would ‘come around’ if they pressed hard enough – just as Steffy seems to believe the same will happen with Oliver. Ridge would learn to love taylor as much as he did Brooke, they believed, and in time he would forget her. The only problem was that Ridge could never forget Brooke and she would never stop loving Ridge.
Both Stephanie and taylor are back. This time they’re sitting on the sidelines and indulging Steffy’s fantasies of being loved by a man who doesn’t want her. They refuse to ask her to remember her mother’s lifestory and to learn from it. Oliver, Steffy wants to believe, will forget about Hope in time. Good luck with that. Neither her mother nor her grandmothers listens listens to her words, or reads her body language, or even keeps track of the lies she’s been caught telling. The only thing that would make this storyline interesting, rather than pathetic, is for Stephanie to wake up and realize that they’re using Steffy, and taking everything they claim they hold dear and trashing it in order to get back at ‘the Logan women’. They’re destroying Steffy, 18 year old Hope, and everything in between. Stephanie finally sees taylor for who she is when taylor not only refuses to acknowledge what they’re doing, but she refuses to stop
Two sides? Make it four:
1. The Logans vs. the EX/NON Forrester women
2. Stephanie vs. Taylor
3. Oliver and Hope vs. Steffy (as he tries to get her to stop chasing him and she refuses).
4. BnB writers vs. mediocrity. Everything they’re offering now is a storyline they’ve offered a zillion times before. Switch it up, writers. Give fans a real reason to come back for more — and sexually outlandish twists aren’t the way to go. We can get that on cable — and shows airing on cable do it better.