My thoughts on today’s show?
- Sabrina… I just can’t. I want to be empathetic, and yet I just keep hoping there aren’t too many Sabrina/Patrick scenes to fast foward.
- Elizabeth and Ric? Sweet, Subtle, feels so real. I love them. Given the way Ric left the show with each exit, it’s sometimes difficult to remember how sweet and kind he’s capable of being. Ric is Mr. Right Now, Mr. Right Tomorrow, and Mr. Right Whenever-Wherever – as far as I’m concerned. I’ve always loved Rick Hearst best when he was playing a romantic lead (GH’s Ric Lansing, GL’s Alan Michael Spaulding, BnB’s Whipple Jones).
- Lulu/Dante./Rocco- Big Ben? Ditto. Sweet, Subtle, Real. Given his pedigree, I love that Dante is so protective of Ben that he doesn’t want to talk about the worst of the worst aspects of his job. He has to spell out D-E-A-D because he doesn’t want Rocco to hear the word. Keep that baby away from your father and bar ware, Dom.
- F’luke and his disregard for forensic evidence is astounding. He never wears gloves. He never does anything in hiding. Unless he planned on killing Bobbie and the cutie pants officer guarding Lucas’ door, what was the point of attempting to kill Lucas while being the last person in the room? Add that the fact that his hand and finger prints are all over Lucas’ breathing tube – as his prints are all over the gun that was used to shoot Lucas and kill the hitman. F’luke’s crime spree is getting stranger and and stranger, and I hope that’s intentional – serving as an indicator that he’s on a rampage and will soon be caught.
- Ava.. F’LOVE… I effin’ love Ava and the writing for her! She utters the words, “Mr. Corinthos is sending someone for me” to her server at about the time Carly is going to play audio evidence of her guilt in Connie/Kate’s murder? Methinks she’ll see Sonny, in person.
- Carly has never had a respect for the law, decency, morality or ethics, but it shocks me that she would steal AJ’s phone (yeah, it still shocks me) and give Sonny the info, rather turn the recording over to the police. Sonny is going to end up in prison one way or another. He’s either going for killing AJ or for killing Ava. Carly doesn’t always know what crimes Sonny has committed, but she’s been in his life long enough to know that he’s almost never innocent. Her involvement in pointing Sonny in Ava’s direction is reckless, no matter what.
- Ava is a beast… she’s reading “Crimson Magazine”? She is a beast (and I’m not quite sure how I mean that. It’s both good and bad.) She must really like dancing on Connie’s grave! This is Maura West as ATWT’s Carly Tenney, defiling the sacred Snyder pond by flicking a cigarette into it. What is it about MW’s bad girl characters, who seem to like sticking it to the people she hurts. No cardboard cut out of Connie for target practice? Ava is showing some restraint.
- I get it… my beloved Scotty Baldwin is the AJ Quartermaine of the Baldwin family. He’s a perennial screw up, but even he should have held his ground and been willing to call Julian’s bluff rather than had him set free. Scotty is capable of being a bad ass, when he wants (that is, when the writers let him). I wish this was one of those times. How much has Julian changed when he’s willing to pull a gut punch like this one? I realize that he was desperate to get to Lucas and saved him from Fluke, but had he told the truth, he could have done more for his family. His behavior makes me question Alexis’ judgement even more – both as a mother and as a woman. For all of her warnings to Molly about being smart, making good choices, putting her future first, Alexis does none of these things when she’s in love with her latest mob kingpin boyfriend. What can Molly learn from her? It also doesn’t make sense that Shawn was irredeemable for not being able to leave Sonny’s organization and yet Julian is far worse.
- More Sabrina/Patrick/Emma/baby Drake? Still can’t.
- Ava trying to convince anyone, most especially her own daughter, of her innocence is hilarious! Kiki chastising Ava for sleeping with her boyfriend’s father is even funnier! Adding Ilene Kristen as Ava’s mother to this pair? That is a stroke of genius.
- HA, that Carly finally notes that A.J. is not AJ Quartermaine but Ava Jerome. Sonny realizes that AJ was pleading for his life and that he’s killed an innocent man. How will the writers redeem him? Can Sonny be redeemed after this? My guess is that we will find out that Sonny didn’t deliver the final blow. It’s another Fluke murder (again taking place in the hospital) or someone else has taken A.J.’s life when he should have been on the mend. The problem is that A.J. would never have been in the hospital to be murdered if it weren’t for Sonny. The additional step they’ll have to take is to convince the audience that A.J. was slated for death no matter where he was found. Will it work, or is it possible that the writers have gone too far, this time? A.J. has rarely been a chaacter i liked or loved (I couldn’t stomach Billy Warlock’s portrayal of the character) BUT he was a legacy character and I wish he’d survived this ugly attack.
- Even when Sonny is dead wrong, Carly tells him to stop blaming himself. Is this goober serious? She’s angrier at Ava for upsetting Sonny than she is at Sonny for killing an innocent AJ? Michael should stop sending Mother’s Day cards. No phone calls, no Mother’s Day luncheons. Carly is more of a partner to Sonny, even separated, than she has ever been a mother to any of her children.
- Geez, it seems like such a small issue – Lulu wanting to carry her own child, but it is potentially, so big. Lulu is willing to risk losing the only shot (for now) she and Dante have at having another child, because she wants to carry the child herself, knowing the risk for miscarriage. Is it simply natural to want to carry a child at any cost or is it selfish? It’s a question for this couple to answer, but I have to wonder, given Dante’s lean toward surrogacy, if this is an issue that will come between them, later.
- Fluke, threatening babies. PLEASE let that bastard be caught soon. Sure, go after Ava, but the threats against children make me want to see this guy get his! The writers were brilliant to have Fluke play on Julian’s insecurities (most notably, the fear that Anna hates “Jules” and wants to bring him down so badly that he shouldn’t count on her for help. There’s no way Anna would allow Fluke, or anyone else, to kill Julian while he’s in her care, but he doesn’t know that.
- Elizabeth and Ric are my shelter from the storm of crazy that is GH. Just watching them joke and plan for a dinner feels like a romantic getaway. I know there will have to be some sort of conflict, soon, such as Liz wanting Nik back the minute he’s together with Britt again, happy and probably planning a family. For now, I’ll take what I can get.
- Ok, the only interesting thing about Sabrina and Patrick is that Drake becomes her son’s middle name? Is that a subtle tell that he is Patrick’s son? Is baby Gabriel going to make it? Gabriel Drake Drake? I dunno.
- Ava thinks that she and Sonny are on decent terms. I can’t wait to see her run into Sonny’s arms, thinking he’s there to rescue her. Carly asking Sonny what he’s going to do is as maze dull as anyone could be. She gave her “snitches get stitches” speech to Sonny when explaining why she would never go to the police. What was the point of her asking Sonny what he was going to do. Of COURSE he is going to kill Ava. Is there any doubt about that? Isn’t that why he killed AJ? His belief that AJ killed Connie? Carly and Sonny have played this game for too long!
Like many of you, my feed was disrupted by the President’s comments and ending the war in Afghanistan – so we end, here, and move on to other important news. I will see you again, soon.