While I don’t watch the show, any more, there is a fascinating question about what fans would/could do with the BnB if given a chance. That post can be found at the House of BRidge (you’ll have to register to read). What would I find interesting? What would bring me back to the show? Nothing that will ever happen, so it doesn’t hurt to post a wish list, does it? Here goes:
1. Nick and Taylor run off together. They’re killed in a boating accident (and are really and most sincerely dead this time – sorry if you’re a fan of either, but it’s on my wish list). The affair that leads to their dramatic end starts when Nick feels bad for Taylor as she finally realizes that her life with Ridge was only ever about him not being able to be with Brooke. He ‘comforts’ her in the only way he knows how. They continue their affair for a series of months while Bridget is working like a fiend to make JackieM’s a success. By the time run off, Bridget is only aware of their affair because of a letter Nick leaves behind. She’s reading it as Nick and Taylor hit an unexpected violent storm. While Bridget is reading the words, ‘we realize that our love is the love of a lifetime’, we flash on a scene of Nick and Taylor, face-to-face, holding on to one another as the ship sinks.
2. In her grief, Jackie leaves Owen. He ends up with Bridget – someone he’d been growing close to all along. Owen finds out about Nick’s affair shortly after it starts and is unable to tell Bridget without hurting her, so he keeps his secret and continues befriend her, growing close to her to be there when she does learn the truth. Now that she is raising HER child, alone (it turns out Jack is not Brooke’s son with Nick) they end up together and BrOwen is fabulously happy dating and getting to know each other. Jackie is able to accept BrOwen because she realizes her love for Owen was really just about loneliness. They continue to keep JackieM’s going, with Whip’s help.
3. Stephanie, grieving over Taylor, can’t sleep as she keeps remembering the affair they had that they told no one about. Being unable to recover from the loss of Taylor, Stephanie throws herself into the same part of the ocean where Nick and Taylor died. She’s also really and most sincerely dead. Good riddance. Sadly, while I think Susan Flannery rocks the daytime world with her passionate portrayal of Stephanie Forrester, Stephanie has become the biggest waste of daytime air imaginable. It’s finally time for Stephanie to take her one note and hit the open trails… or sinking ship… I’m not picky, as long as she’s gone for good.
4. Eric consoles Jackie (without having sex with her) and they end up together as a couple. Eric realizes that for the first time in his life, he’s truly happy.
5. Thorne turns into a ‘JR Ewing’ type of character. Felicia is his trouble-making twin. They want control of FC but Brooke and Ridge are standing in their way. It doesn’t stop them from twisting and torturing the truth to make it say what they want it to… they’ll lie, steal, and betray anyone they have to in order to ‘win’… including one another, more on that later.
6. BRidge (Brooke and Ridge) runs FC with Thorne and Felicia and puts up a united front against them, while taking on the new Jackie M. Since Eric has retired, he sits out the fight between his wife and his children. They spend their days trying to keep the company afloat while fending off constant attacks from Thorne and Felicia… they don’t know who else to trust, but they know they can always trust one another.
7. Whip and Felicia end up as a couple. They have a passionate affair and she turns on Thorne to help Whip and JackieM. There will be blood, folks! Thorne knows were Felicia has buried the bodies, so to speak. She knows where he’s buried his bodies… they are keeping a huge secret and an uneasy peace that could sink the both of them. They take their focus off of attacking BRidge to save their own asses from one another.
8. Katie, Bill, Steffy, Thomas, Rick, and Donna are all gone – whether they leave together, or all in different directions makes no difference to me.
9. RJ and Hope are mischievous teens (not psychotic wankers like Steffy and Thomas). They are occasionally working at FC, with Allie and Dominic (Dino). Allie is completely unlike Thorne. She’s more a cross between Darla and her brilliant and kind stepmom (to be cast). She gives her father hell for what he and aunt Felicia keep doing to the family by trying to constantly take over FC. Dominic is a chip off the old block. He and cousin RJ have an unprecendented rivalry. They are the future of FC, or so they think. They are so busy in their senseless war that they don’t see Allie and Hope taking over in their places.
10. Marcus’ father turns out to be a missing Baker son, Charlie’s brother. Marcus’ presence brings on a whole new core family. Marcus sticks around, lives with Aunt Brooke and Uncle Ridge to help his grandmother and grandfather when he’s not working at FC. His new family, the Bakers, end up in a ‘war’ of sorts with the Forrester-Logan family to ‘win’ over Marcus. Did I mention that Marcus’ father is FILTHY RICH!?!?! Cast him well, and Donna could stick around to be with him… theirs would be a love-hate relationship after what she did to him.
11. Marcus finds love with someone new. He also doesn’t know how to feel about his Uncle Charlie being interested in his cousin BRidget. She’s recovered from Nick’s desertion and death, she’s happy with Owen… and along comes hottie Charlie! WOOHOO Budge! Marcus wants to support his uncle, and support and protect his cousin… It’s supporting his uncle that causes conflict with Owen.
The new class of BnB ‘villains’?:
Whip (who is part con man, part hard nosed business man).
Felicia – who is a barracuda
Thorne – again, barracuda
Ive long grown sick of the bed-hopping that replaces romance. Let couples be happy and face other challenges instead. How would YOU change the BnB? Can it be saved?
All image copyrights are retained by their original owners.