Posts Tagged ‘Lindsey Rappaort’
The Good: Thank you writers for finally wrapping up the ‘Baby Chloe- Hope’ storyline. It’s been a long time in coming and I was getting sick of it!
The Bad: (With sarcasm): Thank you writers for the ‘Baby Chloe -Hope’ storyline.
The WTF: (with incredulity and a tad bit of disgust): Thank you writers for the ‘Baby Chloe -Hope’ storyline. Of all of the storylines you COULD have told, this is what you saddle us with?
There are some legitimately wonderful reasons to love OLTL, in my book:
1. It’s not All My Children. Need I say more?
2. None of the characters are named Michael Corinthos Jr. How is it is that General Hospital writers have a knack for taking an event that should be considered a blessing and turn it into such an awful AWFUL thing? Little Michael Corinthos’ awakening was something I felt myself regretting about 10 minutes after the kid opened his eyes. To the credit of OLTL’s writers, they haven’t managed to make me wish that any of their teen characters would lapse into a coma! ALTHOUGH… I wouldn’t mind seeing LESS of all of them.
3. Viki Lord. Period. What would this show do without Erika Slezak? I don’t even want to know!
4. The triangle between Clint/Nora/Bo will be heating up soon into a quadrangle with mixed partners Clint/Nora/Bo/Lindsey. I’ve never been a big Bo/Nora fan – primarily because I’m not a Nora fan. I say that knowing that MANY OLTL fans are Bo/Nora fans and for their sake, I sure hope that the show’s writers honors its history and gives the couple back to the audience who loves them. The question is… what happens to Clint?
Clint/Lindsey? (Can you imagine their couples name? Clindsey? Lint? FUN!) Since it seems that CH’s Lindsey’s stay is temporary, I have doubt as to whether the writers would move in that direction. Too bad, Lindsey was fabulous with both Clint and Bo in the past. I would be interested in the chemistry between JVD’s Clint and CH’s Lindsey.
Clint, on his own? Angry? Scheming to break up Bo and Nora? Where’s the fun in that? I’d rather see Clint go back to London before having him take on his own brother over a woman he shouldn’t have been with in the first place. I had a preference for Clint and Nora over Bo and Nora, but to have Clint becoming involved with the love of his brother’s life was a bit much for most of you and in moments of objectivity, I agree.
Clint and Viki? If you’re going to make me suffer through Bo and Nora, writers, I’ll take Clint and Viki (no worries, anti-Clint/Viki fans… I never get the pairings I like). I think Clint and Viki/ Bo and Nora have the potential to take fans back to some of the glory days of OLTL. I have to admit that I’m concerned about the initial awkwardness of the two couples getting together in light of Nora and Clint’s relationship… eh,there’s been worse on this show.
5. Believe it or not, I think that John and Marty (or the prospect of John and Marty) would be far more interesting than Blair and John – who’ve only managed to put me to sleep.
6. Jessica and Brody. Even now, I’m still disappointed that Nash is gone and that Jared survives in his place, BUT, at least TPTB have come as close as they possibly could to Nash, without trying to replace him with a ‘Nash Clone’. Brody has ‘Nash like’ qualities (hot as sin, a beautiful body, thoughtful, kind, and loving), but have given him a unique personality and core.
So… setting aside that things I actually like, I have to say that the ‘Baby Chloe- Hope’ storyline has the potential to keep me tuning out OLTL (or at least FFing most of whatever episodes I bother recording.
I think the teen pregnancy storyline was the biggest mistake the writers have made so far. I’m not against the idea of a teen pregnancy storyline. I’m simply against the teen pregnancy storyline for the chosen characters. Why?:
- I hate the back door approach to keeping Todd and Marty connected given their history. It’s bad enough that he’s violated her twice in a lifetime, but now they’re connected because their children are ‘in love’ and are now parents together. BULLOX!
- I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. This is NOT a storyline that plays to Kristen Alderson’s strengths. She has become the weak link in this storyline. I find KA’s emotional responses to be stilted and unbelievable.
- Adding the teen pregnancy storyline on top of the drug addiction storyline was a bit much. The writers have seemingly decided that the juiciest storylines should go to the youngest actors and that the veterans should be stuck with trivial, pointless, boring storylines. It’s another storyline for which Kristen Alderson seemed completely unprepared and didn’t connect as an actress, in my opinion. She uttered the dialogue well enough, but her performances felt like a ‘script reading’ rather than watching someone who was emotionally impacted by a loved one’s drug abuse.
- Oddly enough, Brandon Buddy has done as well as any actor with significantly more experience. He’s been a marvel. The only problem with having handed him this storyline is that he seems far too mature an actor for the role he now plays. It’s time to SORAS Cole to 18 and find him a cougar (no older than 25, please, not someone too much older). “Starr and Cole” now feel like little Starr and her much older brother – ICK!!!!!!!!! By the way, Brandon should be nominated, next year, for the addiction storyline.
KA fans I’m not completely ‘Anti-Starr’. I think there are a number of storylines that would be great for the character and would showcase the actress’ abilities well. The Baby Chloe-Hope storyline just isn’t one of them.